The Quay Road Villa
This original and wonderfully restored wing of a Grade II Georgian house overlooks the harbor and tall ships in Charlestown and can sleep up to 2 adults and 3 children in 3 double bedrooms. It’s packed with unique details and luxurious touches and is a great spot for a family holiday with pre-schoolers, with a beach close enough to toddle to. With their white walls, and crisp white bedding, the bedrooms couldn’t be any more relaxing, and you can pack light as the owners provide every baby/toddler item you could wish for. It’s a great location for exploring Cornwall’s south coast and is only 35 minutes' drive from the surf beaches of the north coast too.
What we love
- David’s collections: swordfish swords, earth-toned egg cups, original Cornishware, and oil paintings of boats in raging seas
- The bedrooms are a pair of super kings and a tiny double - you can also squeeze in a cot.
- Luxurious touches include White Company linens and blankets
- Every room has a great view
- In the dining room, the huge oak table is perfect for a large Cornish breakfast or a candlelit supper
- The cosy lounge has a TV and DVD player for when you’re waiting for the sun to reemerge
- There’s a cast iron bath and a power shower in the large bathroom
- A unique Georgian building on the quay is available to guests for a private candlelit dinner
- Great for preschoolers
- The thoughtful owners, Antonia and David, can help with everything from babysitters to homecooked meals and an in-home spa experience
- The nearby area is fab for a young family, with 2 beaches on your doorstep plus walks, pubs and cafes nearby and the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project within easy reach
Things to know
- 4.5 hours from London by car; the closest airport is in Newquay, 40 minutes away, with connecting flights from London airports. Exeter is 1.5 hours away and Bristol is a 2.5 hour drive away
- Charlestown is easily reached by train from Paddington with a station 10 minutes away
- Car hire is recommended to get the best from Cornwall. Parking is free and easy
- There is only one bathroom
- Three night minimum stay in January, February, March, October, November and December. For stays in July, August and at Christmas, minimum stay is 7 nights. Three night stays are available by request April and September
- Outside peak months (July-August), the residence can be booked as a 2 or 3 bedroom house. A 20% discount applies for a 2-room booking
- Prices listed are based on 3 bedrooms being used. Please contact the host for pricing for only 2 bedrooms being used.
- A refundable damages deposit will be required at time of booking directly to the host via bank transfer or card
- Well kitted out for babies and toddlers, with socket covers, baby monitor, sterilizer, change mat, stair gates, Trip Trapp high chair, Bumbo, JoJo Maman Bebe play mats, travel crib, dinnerware, Rubber Duck potty, McLaren single stroller, Rubber Duck baby bath, food blender
- All bookings are for exclusive use of the house
Tall ships, high seas and beach time
Love pirates, beaches, pubs and off-the-beaten-track Cornwall? Try Charlestown. This small Georgian harbour town is brimming with quaint buildings, family-safe beaches and a shipwreck center. The tall ships add an air of high seas intrigue while the location, close to the Lost Gardens of Heligan and the Eden Project, is perfect for families.